NOVEMBER 2012 Sydney Airport enjoys an excellent working relationship with the NSW Taxi Council and the two parties have worked closely together to improve taxi facilities over the past years.
Some of these key developments include a direct reporting system (Quick Rep) allowing daily reports to be sent from SACL to the Taxi Council, prayer rooms at both Domestic and International precincts and extensions to taxi holding bays.
All with the aim of improving conditions for taxi drivers.
Key highlights over the past few years have included:
• Enlarging the International taxi holding area by approximately 30%.
• Enlarging the Domestic taxi holding area by approximately 30%.
• Opening of a non-denominational prayer room at the International Precinct and upgrading the prayer room at the Domestic Precinct.
• External consultation with stakeholders such as the NSW Taxi Council, RTA, NSW Transport and Infrastructure and NSW Police.
• Monthly airport presentations at NSW Taxi Council Silver Level Seminars.
• Modifications to the Domestic precinct roadways to improve traffic flow within the Domestic Precinct and reduce congestion by restricting the use of the U-turn from Shiers Avenue into Sir Reginald Ansett Drive in April to authorised vehicles only and extending the right turn bay in Sir Reginald Ansett Drive at Ross Smith Avenue.
• Installing anti-touting signage and PA announcements in the terminals with the support of the NSW Taxi Council and NSW Transport and Infrastructure.
• Installing new Flight Information Displays for Ground Transport operators at Domestic and International waiting areas.
• Upgrading e-tag equipment for taxi holding areas in Domestic and International Precincts.
• Establishment of an RTA e-tag office at the Domestic Precinct.