Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Trainer
Approximately 3 to 6 days per month
The NSW Taxi Council is seeking expressions of interest from WAT qualified taxi drivers to provide training and conduct practical assessments of taxi drivers wishing to become WAT drivers in the (Sydney) Metropolitan Transport District.
The successful candidate must be reliable, present a positive image of the NSW Taxi Industry and be committed to the provision of quality Taxi Industry training and assessment.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or willingness to complete).
- Current WAT Driver Authority.
- Access to own Wheelchair Accessible Taxi.
- Minimum of 5 years experience providing taxi services to passengers in wheelchairs.
Contact: Jill Lewis at the NSW Taxi Council on:
Mail: PO Box 1249 Darlinghurst NSW 1300
MORE WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE TAXIS
Dispatch System User Group Meetings
AUGUST 2012 The group meetings were coordinated by the NSW Taxi Council to address three primary concerns by WATS drivers:
1. The same job being offered multiple times.
2. Jobs being offered to WATS nowhere near the vicinity of the job.
3.... READ MORE
New WATS Facts Card for Drivers
AUGUST 2012 WATS drivers are reminded of their duties and responsibilities relating to the carriage, loading/unloading of passengers in wheelchairs and motorised mobility scooters.
The NSW Taxi Council has produced and issued a new WATS FACT... READ MORE