DECEMBER 2011 The Kingsgrove to Revesby Quadruplication (K2RQ) Alliance is scheduled to finish street scaping and parking modification works in Blamey Street, Revesby by early next year, with the majority of work expected to be completed before Christmas.
Works will involve:
- levelling and paving pedestrian walkways
- resurfacing Blamey Street
- installing new kerbs, ramps and raised thresholds
- planting trees along the pedestrian walkways on southern side of Blamey Street
- installing angled parking along the southern side of Blamey Street (to allow for two-way traffic)
- installing a ‘kiss and ride’ area on the southern side of Blamey Street.
Once the work is completed, Blamey Street will revert to being available to two-way traffic.
Works will continue to be done during the following standard construction hours - Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm and on Saturdays between 8am and 1pm.
During the remaining works, traffic barriers and detour signs will be implemented as required to ensure the safety of motorists and pedestrians. Traffic controllers will be in place to safely direct motorists and pedestrians.
Access will be maintained for businesses and residents at all times, however there may be short delays.
Parking on Blamey Street will be temporarily restricted as required to allow for parking modification and street scaping work.
Some works will be noisy andaudible at nearby residential properties and businesses and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The K2RQ Alliance will use a number of site management measures to reduce noise associated with the works.
Please note that other organisations including local council and utility providers (and their subcontractors) may undertake separate work activities in Blamey Street.
K2RQ works inside the rail corridor will continue after the completion of Blamey Street works.