Seven additional late night secure ranks have been installed in popular pick up areas in NSW, as part of the NSW Government’s plan to improve evening safety for passengers and drivers.
The ranks are part of a 12 month trial, and are in operation on Friday and Saturday evenings from Friday 2 April 2010 to Saturday 26 March 2011. These include:
• Darling Harbour - Northern end of Lime Street, Darling Harbour from 10pm to 4am.
• World Square - Southern side of Liverpool Street between George and Pitt Street, Sydney CBD from 10pm to 4am.
• The Rocks - Northern side of Alfred Street, Circular Quay from 10pm to 4am.
• Parramatta - George Street between Church Street and Horwood Place, Sydney CBD from 10pm to 4am.
• Newcastle - Queens Wharf Brewery, Wharf Road, Newcastle from 11pm to 4am.
• Hamilton - Beaumont Street outside the Exchange Hotel, Hamilton from 11pm to 4am.
• Wollongong - Corner of Keira and Burelli Streets, Wollongong from 11:30pm to 4am.
This now brings the total number of Secure Taxi Ranks to 47 in NSW. To view a list of all Secure Taxi Ranks, visit the Transport NSW website