MAY 2011: Access to all taxi ranks at Sydney Airport is controlled by means of an electronic tag system, and it is a requirement that all taxis have functioning etags.
Here’s how to best use the tags when at the Airport:
- Drivers must display etags on the windscreen.
- Drivers must ensure their etag is kept in credit.
- Suspended etags will not be permitted entry to any rank.
- Drivers are not to block gates if an etag has not been registered (your tag is invalid or suspended).
- Low account balance etags will still be permitted entry to the ranks.
- Note there is no charge until you enter the pick up rank.
- No refund is available once rank entry is gained.
Limousines, buses, shuttle buses and coaches are all required to pre-register for an etag system to access the pick up zones at the Airport.