GET TO KNOW -
Director, Business Leaders Council at the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Paul has over 25 years’ experience in senior management roles, marketing, business development, networking, stakeholder engagement, fundraising and event management. He is a passionate, hardworking and committed professional that wants businesses and organisations he is involved with to succeed. Paul is determined to help many charitable causes raise money to assist those in need and increase the awareness of these respective entities in our community.
Paul is currently working with the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry which represents over 300,000 businesses that employ over 4 million Australians. He with his colleagues are committed to supporting their members and advocating for the right policies that will help businesses develop and in turn help the Australian economy to grow.
Paul is one of Australia's leading fundraisers & business networkers and is committed to helping many important causes in our community. He helps individuals and organisations to network and engage in the political and business circles of Australia to achieve their goals and objectives.
Paul is a great supporter of the NSW Taxi Council and the Taxi Industry.
20 QUESTIONS TO KNOW
1. Who is someone you admire, and why?
The Premier Gladys Berejiklian for guiding NSW through COVID crisis.
2. Tell me three pet peeves.
People who don’t say thank you
Rubbish in our streets and our beautiful bushland
People who break the law
3. What’s a typical day like for you?
6am-7am early morning run/walk
7am breakfast and read the Fin Review
8:30am In the office dealing with emails
9am – 12 noon meetings with members and politicians
12:30-2pm lunch with a member, sponsor or influencer
2-3:30pm zoom conference
3:30pm -5pm meetings with members and politicians
6pm until 9pm either at a reception or a community board meeting
4. Do you have any skills or talents that most people don’t know about?
I am a lover not a fighter!
5. If you could be anywhere other than here, right this minute, where would you be? (Don’t overthink it!)
Lord Howe Island
6. Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What do you want to be when you grow up?
7. If we went to happy hour, what would you order?
8. Finish this sentence. On Sunday mornings, you can usually find me...
At Church or running the Bay Run
9. How do you want people to remember you?
Helping people in need
10. What do you think are the best skills that you bring to your job?
My networking skills
11. Name three words that you describe you.
12. How do you think your colleagues would describe you?
Hard working & committed
13. What do you want to make sure you do before you die?
Visit the North or South Pole
14. What’s a goal you have for yourself that you want to accomplish in the next year?
Do the City to Surf for the first time in my life
15. Name a few of your daily habits (other than a shower and brushing your teeth).
Drinking three cappuccinos’
Engaging with my wife and kids
Talking to my colleagues
16. What publications do you regularly read?
17. What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working?
Meeting up with friends and family
Walking on the beach
Having lunch or dinner with my family
18. What are some causes you care about?
Bowel cancer (I am on the board of the Gut Foundation)
Children literacy (I am on the board of the Dymocks Children’s Charities)
People with disabilities (I am on the board of the Estia Foundation)
19. What do you do with friends in your spare time?
Walking, running, breakfast, lunch & dinner
20. What would be your personal motto?
Daring to be different