FROM THE MEMBERSHIPS AND PARTNERSHIPS (GOVERNMENT & CORPORATE) DESK
Greg Kay - Head of Memberships & Partnerships (Government and Corporate)
MEMBERSHIPS (NSW Taxi Industry Association, NSW Taxi Council, Country Taxi Operators Association)
Network Member Engagement
During the first half of 2020 (and especially during the challenging period of COVID 19 from mid-March), there has been frequent communications (weekly and monthly) from the Executive team of the NSW Taxi Council with Executives of all Network members throughout Metropolitan areas and the CTOA Executive representing regional members to provide guidance, advice, support and advocacy.
Also the Membership team of Greg, Richard, Christine and Michelle have been active in their support of Member Networks and individual Members requests and business requirements (including Taxilog) etc – Armidale, Tamworth, Inverell, Bellingen, Ballina, Byron Bay, Casino, Lismore, Taree, Port Macquarie, Central Coast, Diggers Maitland, Nelson Bay, Tumut, Leeton, Cooma, Cootamundra, Wagga Wagga, Nowra, Lithgow, Orange, Bathurst, Parkes, Echuca/Moama, Milton/Ulladulla, Kiama, Berry, St Georges Basin, Katoomba and Wollongong (just to name a few).
Also “Welcome” to new Network member in March – Diggers Maitland Taxis.
Benefits to Network Members (all members of the Network must be financial to qualify for Member rates) - Taxi Products and Services available
Important taxi specific products and services continue to be available for Networks to purchase at “Special Prices” through the NSW Taxi Council / Country Taxi Operators Association include –
Safety Management System (SMS) – compulsory for all registered NSW Taxi Service Providers (TSP’s)
Access to Taxi Log System
Data Breach Policy
PARTNERSHIPS (Government and Corporate)
Ongoing development of the important mutually beneficial partnerships for the NSW Taxi Industry (and its members) has continued with -
NSW Department of Education - Assisted School Travel Program (ASTP)
Federal Government - Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
Transport for NSW - The NSW Taxi Industry specifically advocated for the establishment of the NSW Regional Seniors Transport Card which was introduced throughout the first quarter of 2020 for more than 500,000 qualified seniors / pensioners across regional and rural NSW (a credit card has been provided for the use in taxis valued at $250 per year)
NSW Department of Health
The following commercial partnerships are in place and / or in development for the benefit of NSW Taxi Networks (and their members) -
1. NSW Taxi Advertising - Advertising partnership for NSW Taxis is in place and available throughout NSW
2. New Taxi Camera Systems - Fully compliant new taxi camera operating systems are available in conjunction with our partner Streamax Australia (at special pricing) for Networks and their members.
Also if required special finance packages are now available (from 3 to 5 years – with monthly payments)
If you need to replace an existing camera system (due to upgrade of existing system that is not currently full functioning or a new / replacement vehicle is being put on the road) and you wish to make a purchase at favourable prices (both Member and Non Member prices are available) then please contact me by telephone on 0412 751 957 (mobile) or e-mail at Greg@nswtaxi.org.au
3. Drug and Alcohol Testing - Drug and Alcohol Testing (from an accredited Laboratory / Agency) for NSW Taxi Drivers is in place at special rates for any NSW Taxi Networks – Drug and Alcohol testing is a mandatory requirement to be put in place under a NSW Taxi Network’s Safety Management System (SMS).
If you are a NSW Taxi Network and you wish to discuss / join this partnership (both Member and Non Member prices are available) then please contact me by telephone on 0412 751 957 (mobile) or e-mail at Greg@nswtaxi.org.au
4. Transport Bookings - A NSW regional partnership program for the booking of transport transfers (related to regional airports in NSW) has been established and is ready for launch when COVID 19 restrictions are further eased and travel volumes return to normal levels.
If you are a NSW Regional Taxi Network and you wish to discuss / join this partnership, please contact me by telephone on 0412 751 957 (mobile) or e-mail at Greg@nswtaxi.org.au
5. Delivery Services - Over the past 2-3 months there is been strong interest and regular discussions for the development of NSW delivery service partnerships with major retailers in food, hospitality and pharmaceuticals – stay tuned for more information and updates coming soon.
Training – Governance Workshop for Directors, Gold Training, Driver Onboarding, Operator Onboarding, WATS (Train the Trainer), WAT (Assessor Refresher)